Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Elaina's 8th birthday

I am now trying to recover from the weekend. I left work early Friday to go get everything for the slumber party and make sure I was there when the children started arriving. I had Scott stop after work and pick up pizza. I figured that was probably the best bet for all of these kids! When the kids got off the bus they were so happy. Sara came home with Elaina from school. Shortly after I got a call from one of the mothers of a girl that Elaina had invited I didn't know about. She is 11 and I didn't think she would want to come due to the age difference, WRONG! She wanted to and of course I told her mom she could come. Then of course her best friend Lindsey is the big sister to Cora who will get homesick without her. I phoned Cora's mom to tell her to bring Lindsey as well and reached her voice mail. It didn't matter because she called shortly after to ask if Lindsey could come. Then Kayla from up the road came down. Tori arrived as soon as her mom could bring her. Now all I had to do was wait for Sydney and Aubriana to come after their softball game. They played outside until dark, yippee. My husband the speed racer was mowing the yard at the speed of light. We'll the kids came in to devour the pizza. Unfortunatly Garett and Scott were still doing yard work and the pizza was on zip! I had to run up the road to the little store to get another one. We waited for Syndey and Aurbriana to arrive before doing the cake and presents. Scott was kind enough to allow the kids to watch Alving and the Chipmunks on his plasma with the surround sound. They loved this big time. I set the pallets up all over the place and it was a pretty good night. As I lay down I heard the distant noise of thunder and thought oh no, I bet I end up taking a kid home. Well it worked out well. That is until the break of dawn when one or two of them decided to get up!!! It didn't take long for the others to wake up and we had breakfast. Then they were able to play outside for a little while. The children were all delivered back to moms by noon. I came home and wanted to crash but had to get on homework as usual. I am doing my last two finals this week. I am so happy to get a week before summer school begins. The rain set in for Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday I had to take Elaina to the dentist. Good report at least no cavities. Only braces are in the future. I tried to do some shopping which is impossible with Elaina. I know that will change in time. I hope everyone is having a good day.

No comments: