Monday, July 14, 2008

July!

Again, I have waited a while to post. I can't seem to get enough time to slow down these days. We'll Garett, Elaina, and I went to Bradford the weekend of the fourth and it was great. Mom and dad came up that Saturday to join us. Meme was battling an infection but I think she got to feeling a little better. Papaw was very proud of his plaque of his honors and it was great to hear him talk about the different awards he has recieved. I took my camera to get some pictures of just land marks around town that are special to me when I reflect on my childhood. I took a picture of the Locust Grove church. It always reminded me of the Little House on the Prarie church. I got some pictures of Mama Cora's, Aunt Vera's, and Uncle Billy Bob's houses as well as the now overgrown field of grass that once housed meme and papaw's home. I missed getting a snapshot of the doodle soup capital of the world sign. I will have to get that next visit. The kids enjoyed the time there I believe. Elaina played Trouble and Garett brought his Are you smarter than a 5th grader game. Unfortunatly, I had to leave to go back to work. The kids spent the week with mom and dad. I am sure they are now enjoying the quiet time again. They left for Jeff's yesterday for the next two weeks. So, I am in withdrawal from my kids again. Rachel will be home tomorrow. She is having some difficulty right now and I would appreciate your prayers for her. It is so tough being a teenager. In fact, I think it gets harder every year for teenagers in this world. Scott and I will be leaving for Boston on Friday night. I am anxious to go on the trip but am not looking forward to having to study so much while I am gone. Mom's house looks great. We went this last weekend over to see Garett and Elaina off. She is getting her floors today and I am sure she is happy about that. The house looks so different. They did a good job on it. We'll take care everyone.

2 comments:

MJN6 said...

Glad you all had a good time at Meme and Papa's. Hope you have a great time in boston. Love you Aunt Mary Jo

Summer said...

Have fun in Boston! That is such a fun city.