Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ER Visit and upcoming court

We have had a most interesting week. Last week Scott had an allergic reaction to something. Of course, his symptoms did not start until time to go to bed for the night. For those of you who don't know Scott what is significant here is that 1. Scott is very cheap, so he doesn't frequent Doctors offices. 2. He also does not like to take medicine 3. We live WAY out in the county, way away from emergency rooms. I call my mother in law who immediatly came down to stay with Rachel while I drove Scott to the ER, it may have been a blessing his throat was closing up so he could not YELL at me for my driving since I can't see good at night! We arrive and since he is having this issue were able to get in pretty quick. That was amazing! Scott was embarrased due to this attention and that now he has broken the streak of never having to go to an ER for treatment in 38 years. I consider that a pretty good record myself. So, they get him all loopy on his oxygen, shots of steroids and benedryl. The nurse asks him who is primary care physician is, and his reply is "Dr. Cooey". Well you see, Dr. Cooey is the OB GYN for the town so we found this quite amusing. He was so loopy he didn't even realize what he said. I told the nurse, he means Dr. Coon, local Doctor. Well the amusement didn't last long because next was a prescription for prednisone. Scott is very hyper anyway and suffers in my opinion from OCD. Well a few days of this prednisone, AKA pill from the devil, he was wide open!!!! Yesterday after work we are sitting in the doctors office to find out if there is a way to stop this medicine and hopefully get him back to health. Unfortunalty, just about all of the 20 + people in the waiting room had the flu, what appears to be swine flu. AHHHH. So, now I am stressed over this as well. Fortunatly he now has a different medicine and was able to drop this prednisone. I sure wish I would have known that night at the ER what that would do so I could beg for something different for him. Now we do know what to add to the list of DO NOT TAKES to Scott's list. He is much better now and hopefully will not have any more reactions. We think we may have narrowed it down to paint. He was painting the door to his shed with oil based latex paint. That may have caused the reaction. We are now equipped with an epi pen as well in case we have any more emergencies out there in the wilderness where we reside. I am looking forward to this weekend to visit with my babies, and the rest of my family. Unfortunatly, since they left from the last weekend visit, I have only spoken to them about 2 minutes all week. Jeff is on this kick again about NOT letting them talk to me on the phone since we finally got to start seeing the children in MS. I also have a tentative court date of Sept. 22nd. So please everybody keep us in your prayers. I hope this nightmare is over soon.

No comments: